[TenTec] Hercules II 9420 Power Supply Problem

John Huffman hjohnc at gmail.com
Sun May 15 12:43:01 PDT 2011

I use the Ten Tec 9420 power supply with my Hercules II.  It has the
following problem -

With the Herc turned off, there are times when RF in the shack on
certain band and antenna combinations causes the power supply to turn on
and off in time with CW keying.  A big thump and buzz on each dit and dah.

With the amp turned on this is not a problem, the power supply just
stays on.

I don't use the transceiver output from the power supply and only use it
to run the Herc.

I suspect the transceiver sensing circuit is sensing a load in these
situations and turning the supply on.  How can I disable that "feature"??

73 de K1ESE
John