[TenTec] Orion III

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Wed May 18 16:45:26 PDT 2011

Bsrry and Carl,

We're all entitled to our opinions, based on our own experience.  All  I
can say is the NR (2.044A and 2.039d) helps me pull out weak CW signals on 80
and 160, especially with a wide roofing filter.  It also attenuates highs
on SSB, so it can use improvement.  This is, however, a firmware issue, not
a hardware issue.

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 5/18/2011 9:22:39 P.M. GMT Standard Time,
barry.n1eu at gmail.com writes:

On Wed,  May 18, 2011 at 6:08 PM,  <Rsoifer at aol.com> wrote:
> I don't  have a Yaesu 5000 to listen to, but I think all of us on this
>  reflector with Orion IIs agree that the DSP NR needs further  work.

Nope, not all of us.  In fact, if my O2 (or O3) was missing  a NR
button, I wouldn't be disappointed.

As far as the NR in the  FT5K magically making unreadable signals
readable, I'd love to hear a  recording demonstrating that.  Until
then, I remain  skeptical.

73,
Barry  N1EU
TenTec mailing  list