[TenTec] Commander - Unified Microsystems BCD-10 - Model 253

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Sat May 21 09:42:19 PDT 2011

Thanks Dave, with the price of the UM BCD-10 less than $20 and the cost of
the 8L01 at $1.72 each for ten, the cost of the interface is about $40 (plus
cables (if you don't have them), and connectors).  In doing the research for
the project, I could not find anything "ready made" that I could with any
certainty determine would drive the Model 253 memory inputs. The Top Ten
Devices and  Array Solutions band decoders appear to need a set of relays
and I could not see spending $155 to $255 and then having to build adapter
cables and a relay interface to do what I did for $40 and a few surplus
items from my junk box.

Could you add the UM BCD-10 to the Commander band decode info?

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M