[TenTec] Fwd: Model 715 question

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 26 08:32:36 PDT 2011

Please reply to jruing at ameritech.net

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Model 715 question
Date: 	Wed, 25 May 2011 23:57:35 -0400
From: 	Richards <jruing at ameritech.net>
To: 	tentec-owner at contesting.com

GOAL - to use a computer type headset - such as the Yamaha CM-500 guys
like - with the Model 715 and an Omni VII  -  the guys at the contest
station assigned me this task.

There is a small 1/8 inch mic input jack on the Model 715 speech processor?
It says in the manual :

         The secondary mic input is a 1/8” mono connector as used
         by popular headset/microphone combinations like those
         manufactured by Heil Sound.

Mono ?   Really ?   Do HEIL microphones really use 1/8 inch mono plugs ?
Not a three-pole jack like they use on popular computer microphones?
Like they have on the K3 ?     How did this happen ?

So...  Is there a way to use that jack with computer type electret
condenser microphones ?    or with dynamic type computer headset
microphones ?

Can someone good at reading the schematic tell me if there is a way to
provide bias voltage to a STEREO  three-pole jack (assuming I install
one in place of the MONO jack it comes with)   to provide bias voltage
like is provided on Pin 2 of the Omni VII and Model 715 8-pin mic
connector?   I am still trying to figure these things out.

Thanks !