[TenTec] Fwd: Model 715 question

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu May 26 10:31:49 PDT 2011

All quite right, Geoffrey.

I am just surprised that TenTec did not anticipate the more common
computer type headsets.   A 1/8 inch mono jack on a dynamic set is
hardly a common plug to find on headsets these days.   Contrary to TT's
claim HEIL does not make this a common connector in its stuff, and I
have plenty of headsets - broadcast quality to cheap comptuer sets, and
only one has a 1/8 inch two pole mono plug -- the Shure HW-501 dynamic
mic - but it has been out of production for more than 15 years !  (It
does sound good on it, however... but it lacks earphone receivers... so
it is difficult to implement  with headphones...)

Thanks for the web article reference.  I have read many such articles,
but that is one of the most concise, clearest statements I have seen.

I still wonder whether I can replace the front panel jack with a
three-pole jack and draw the required voltage from pin 2 on the 8-pin
jack.  That would be an easy mod.

Happy Trails.