[TenTec] Corsair II U10 Problems

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Mon May 30 05:40:47 PDT 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Louis Ciotti wrote:

> If that IC is really that bg of a proble, couldn't someone familiar
> with CPLDs, or FPGAs mimic it's functionality?  I have mimiced an IO
> expander using a PIC microcontroller with mild success.

We've discussed this before in relation to other radios. It depends
upon how many unrepairable radios there are because of this part. If
most of them are perfectly good except for this part, then yes it
would be worth it. If most of them are unrepairable for other reasons
and this part is still good in them, it's not  worth it.

Anyone have any hard figures? Guestimates? SWAGS?

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.