[TenTec] Heil PROSET PLUS IC with HC4 on Omni VII?

William Wallace w.wallace31 at att.net
Thu Nov 3 11:43:45 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

First, welcome to this reflector. . .

I can't specifically comment on using ProSet/HC4 but I can comment on my experience using my Heil ProSet Elite (H6) with my Orion II.  My ProSet Elite uses  the H6 mike element and after some initial "on air" adjusting, I have received several unsolicited audio comments attesting to what they perceive as "great audio" (;-)
I have found to achieve the best audio performance, speak on-air with people who "know" your natural voice and ask them to listen and comment as you use the controls available on your rig to make any needed adjustments.  Just my 2 cents. . .

The new Heil Pro Set Elite is the boomset designed for commercial sportscasters, podcasters and amateur radio operators using the newly designed Heil HC 6 wide response microphone element. The new technology of the Heil HC 6 is designed for full range commercial AM or FM network broadcasts or can be adjusted for bright, articulate audio to cut through amateur radio noise and signal pileups. The Pro Set Elite offers dual side, highly efficient speakers mounted in acoustically tuned chambers which produce high rejection of outside noise. The exclusive Heil Phase Reversal feature allows the user to move the signal acoustically, which creates a spatial widening of the sound field that makes it easier to 'see' a signal inside a pileup while removing listener fatigue during prolonged use.

73

Bill Wallace - K8WAW