[TenTec] OMNI D Accessory Jack Pinout

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Nov 7 02:06:06 PST 2011

Wasn't following this thread; been away on business to a Hamfest.

Here is the Pinout:

Pin  Function
 1    T (generated on Control Board 80464)
 2    + Reg (approx. +8v generated on Control Board 80464)
 3    +13v
 4    REM VFO (from OSC-MIXER Board 80455)
 5    LO (coming from TX Mixer Board 80453)
 6    C1 (as in Common 1)*
 7    NO1 (as in Normally Open 1)*
 8    Ground
 9    NC1 (as in Normally Closed 1)*

*Mute from OT-TR Board 80281 (The Mute Relay does not control any internal
functions, but is added for control of external equipment)  -->  MAN,
WEREN'T THOSE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!  This set of relay contacts was in addition
to the standard External PA control relay!  You could even manually control
the timing delay of the drop-out for this relay.

All of this . . . was not so easy to find?

Actually it's all very elementary my dear Mr. Watson:

Begin by locating the Accessory Jack on page 3-6 of the Owner's Manual for
OMNI-A / OMNI-D.
You find this jack just under the PTO board 80278 in the middle of the
fold-out "detailed" block drawing page.
There you simply trace each line to see where it goes to/from, look up the
very detailed description of the board that it connects to, and you get the
information above.

Now if you can only locate pin 1 correctly, you're home free!

The Accessory Jack looks like this:

----------------------
|    3     6     9   |
 \                   |
 /                   |
|    2     5     8   |
|    1     4     7   |

I *assume* this is the view when looking at the jack on back panel.
TO BE SURE, Pin 8 is ground so measure what is either pin 2 or 8 and you
will see which one is grounded.

Hope this helps.

73
Rick, DJ0IP