[TenTec] [english 100%] CW Key inputs on Orion

Holger Göckritz dj8hb at kcag.de
Tue Nov 8 03:01:03 PST 2011

Hello Barry
About the Key-Input at the Front and Rear from Orion.
Do not key the Orion with Keyer 1 from the Frontconnection and with Keyer 2
from the Rear-Keyerconnection. If you key together with Keyer 1 and Keyer2
you will be destroy the chipresistor at the CPU- Board for the
Keyingcircuit.
Conclusion:
Only key the Orion with Keyer1 or Keyer2, not parallel.
The Keyeroutput from Computer only to the AUX Socket at the Rear for PTT-
Keying..
This is a very important .
Best Reguards
Holger