[TenTec] Omni VI+, VII, or Orion for next rig. Can't decide

Greg S oldlongbeard at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 03:49:09 PST 2011

Yes, it certainly DOES matter more on CW than on SSB. I cannot recall which presentation it is in, but Rob Sherwood as much as says the top 20 rigs on the chart are ALL top notch on SSB, and you won't get benefits from better IMD ratings between any in that range when running SSB... anything above about 78db, if memory serves. I feel every ham should watch the videos and read the presentation notes on Rob's site, as well as read Walt Maxwell's book "Reflections". Oh- and read the book "Elements of Radio", too.

OK- back in my trench....

73-
Greg Schippers, KC8HXO