[TenTec] Connecting an OMNI VII to a USB port

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Nov 13 21:56:08 PST 2011

Hi Bill --

By any chance are you using your TT USB-Serial adapter with a USB HUB ?

If so... try not doing that.

I used to praise the Win 7 drivers for my TT USB-Serial adapter... and
now I curse it.  My fix:  I purchased a $5 adapter on eBay... works swell.

Many guys are dumping their Prolific based chips, in favor of FTDI based
chips.  I dumped mine in favor of one made by some cheap Chinese
supplier.  Not saying the TT supplied one should not work - it should...
but I just plain gave up on it and have no regrets.

Just MY take... Your mileage may vary...