[TenTec] Orion's break in

Carl Moreschi n4py2 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 17 08:58:33 PST 2011

Hi James,

QSK is the ability to still hear some CW signals (not to copy them)
while you are actually transmitting.  The receiver can actually come
back alive in between each dit and dah.  This allows you to know that
the station you are talking to wants to interrupt you and say something.

It is also very useful in split DX pileups because when you are calling
because you can tell when the DX station is now transmitting so you know
you can now stop transmitting.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635