[TenTec] ADMIN: Re: Original Message - End of Thread

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 18 09:14:43 PST 2011

Okay, guys - enough!  This thread was useful until it degraded into
politics and name-calling, neither of which are welcome on this list.

FWIW - most list owners recommend trimming replies so that enough of the
thread is there to maintain context.
Additionally, the footers that are automatically appended to the bottom
of a message should also be trimmed.
If you don't believe that replying to the original message with the
string of previous replies intact is ugly, I suggest that you read a
digest or the archives.

It's been a long, drawn-out discussion that has spanned years, but
top-posting seems to be the de facto standard these days.
The e-mail clients that I have used seem to have this as the default.
My recommendation (and preference) is top-posting.

Let's get back to the virtues of our favorite equipment, shall we?

73 de Jim - AD6CW