[TenTec] Rig control cables -Orion1

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Nov 22 19:52:23 PST 2011

I have had good luck with FTDI and some others I purchased on eBay.
I used to like Prolific based adapters, but lately the drives seem
buggy.  I believe TenTec has changed vendors and no longer sells a
Prolific-based adapter (not sure that that was my impression from my
last perusal of the TT web site...)  John Henry of TenTec posted an
explanation of problems they had with various versions of the Prolific
set - some versions are, apparently - better than others.

A year ago I would have insisted on a Prolific based adapter, but now I
think not.