[TenTec] Jupiter Autotuner upgrade?

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 07:12:56 PST 2011

On Nov 30, 2011, at 4:57 PM, Frank wrote:

> Lastly, I am pretty sure that internal tuners were not designed (or
> ever
> will be designed) to allow one to use old bedsprings for an antenna or
> load up aunt Thelmas lawn furniture.

My guess is that internal tuners were really designed to prevent
warranty claims of bad transmitters because of poorly tuned antennas,
or someone trying to load a wire dipole across the entire 3.5 to 4.0
mHz 80m/75m band.

After all, they only match the range that TenTec transceivers of that
period would do without a tuner at all (albeit with reduced output).

73,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(