[TenTec] Firmware download site

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Oct 4 23:02:54 PDT 2011

Or try a different converter, as they are not all created equal.

I have had difficulties with the Prolific-chip based TT-supplied
USB-Serial converter under Win 7 lately... moved to 64 bit and the
problems started which did not arise under the 32 bit version of that OS
-  BUT... the cheapo $5 USB-Serial converter I got on ebay works first
time, every time, to coin a phrase...   Why... I dunno...  "It's a
puzzlement"  to steal another phrase...

I would have you do two things:

First, return to a previous firmware version you think worked right and
installed easily.

Second, I would obtain a different copy of the X.064 firmware your are
trying to install and try to install THAT, instead.     I had a similar
issue loading a version of the Omni VII firmware once, and this
procedure worked for me then.  No guarantees, but maybe...

Just MY take...   GOOD LUCK.

Happy Trails.