[TenTec] KVG 9Mhz Xtal Filter

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Oct 13 23:40:37 PDT 2011

Barry,

The XF9 series of 9 MHz filters were really top notch filters 30 years ago.
In 1975 I replaced the 4-crystal SSB filter in my Argonaut 505 with the
XF9-B.
What a difference!
Of course I had no way of measuring the bandpass curve or ripple.
Both are dependent on the value of the external capacitors.

The problem is, most of the good information I have found on these is in
German.
Well that's not a problem for me, but probably is for you.

Take a look at the PDF at this URL:
http://www.mydarc.de/dc4ku/HF_Eingangsteil.pdf
It shows examples of deploying these filters.
If you find anything in it that looks like it could be useful, contact me
directly and I will help you translate the related paragraphs.

The tables in this document show all of the specs of the various models, but
the examples (showing component values) are for the XF9-A/B models.  I don't
know if they are also applicable for the XF9-M.  Take a look:
http://www.ve6aqo.com/images/semco2/93dec28/F.1_mod.jpg
Again, if you need some help with the translation, give a holler!

73s
Rick, DJ0IP
PS another article which might help, and is in English is here:
http://www.axtal.de/data/publ/mcf.pdf