[TenTec] Omni 6 software

Glenn wa4aos at aol.com
Sat Oct 15 14:25:16 PDT 2011

Barry,

I wonder what software you are using for the Omni 6 to Log with. I sent an email to Carl and he said hi Icom package works with the Omni 6 and I may buy a copy.
Presently, I have built an  interface to go between the Omni 6+ and a laptop to toggle the buffers through the serial port to test serial port functionality as I repair Logic Boards. It's cumbersome set up but works fine. I would rather find a simple O6 logging program and not use my hardware setup.
Are there any freeware programs that you are aware of that communicate with the Omni 6, nothing fancy, just a simple I/O program that will grab the encoders, and front panel info such as band registers...

Thanks,

Glenn WA4AOS

DSM Labs