[TenTec] AF/IF board (was: Corsair II sidetone mod)

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 15:53:08 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Glenn <wa4aos at aol.com> wrote:

> A few years back, I rewired the audio path of one of my Corsairs with Bur Brown IC's and the improvement in the audio was awesome. I have doe the same for a few clients and they also loved the mod. I had considered redoing the entire AF/IF board in the Corsair II but just have not had time.

Glenn, I can't encourage you enough to proceed with the AF/IF project.

Lately my focus has been on the AF side and I drifted from the Corsair
II to the Omni 6.  The AF strips in both radios are throw-away and I'm
in the midst of replacing everything in the Omni 6 except for the dsp
sidetone (everything else in the dsp + notch + af output goes).  It is
just amazing when you unlock the potential in these radios that was
hidden/mangled by bad AF circuitry.

73, Barry N1EU