[TenTec] Omni VII / Static IP address

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:15:30 PDT 2011

On Oct 19, 2011, at 3:06 PM, Frank Kirschner wrote:

> Don't these DNS servers use password protection? I briefly used one
> for remote access (can't remember which one, but it wasn't DynDNS),
> and it had password protection. I would think a reasonable
> implementation would include that.

No. Anyone can access them. They use password protection to UPDATE
them, but the whole point of DNS is that anyone can in the world can
use them. In fact that requirement is in the specs.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(