[TenTec] Orion backup battery

Zivney, Terry L. 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Fri Oct 21 08:19:07 PDT 2011

My 2003 vintage Orions both had black  batteries, not the yellow battery shown in the
picture detailing the version 2 software update.  The new ones from TenTec are yellow,
and are the same part numberr, M4T28BR12H1.  The battery "snaps" in and out.
There is an alignment tab on the bottom of the battery so that it can't be plugged in
backwards.  You don't need to disconnect any cables inside the front panel if you
are careful.  I used an IC extracting tool to grab the battery; both times the battery
went flying across the shack as the snaptabs let loose.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ