[TenTec] Argosy--low power problem

Scott Sheppard scottsheppard at videotron.ca
Tue Oct 25 12:33:01 PDT 2011

I have been doing some work on my Argosy and would appreciate anyones help on increasing the power output...the issue seems to be more on the low power side than when teh PA is switched on (its a low/hi power setting on back up to 50 w)...I have gone thru and adjusted the bias for the low level and PA--all to spec

my out puts are as follow

           low setting        high setting

80        1w                        45w

40        3 w                       50w

30        2.5 w                    50w

20        2.5w                    20w

15        1w                        25w

Not the end of the worss but i would like to run it in the low switched position with about 4 or so watts if possible. Appreciate any tips others may have.

cheers

scott va3ied