[TenTec] Solving PTO drift

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Sep 6 00:45:25 PDT 2011

Steve,

I think I've done 4 re-builds now. On each one I've needed to carefully
select the number of washers which space off the plastic spring housing
at the back of the PTO; they determine how much pressure is applied to
the shaft assembly : too few washers and it all feels very stiff, too
many and the vernier slips. I don't always get it right first time -
what "feels right" when the PTO is out of the radio never seems quite
the same when it's back in the radio and been used for a bit! In one
case I used combinations of TT's washers and some thinner ones to get it
just how I wanted.

I keep meaning to see if I can make that spacing "screwdriver adjustable".

It's not an easy adjustment to make with the PTO in the radio ..... and
of course this may not be your problem anyway :)

73,
Steve G3TXQ