[TenTec] Argosy (I)

D Finch kq6k12 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:56:31 PDT 2011

I have an old Argosy 525 (Analog). I measured the power consumption a long
while ago.

What I got was:

Receive: 590ma
Transmit low power:  2.2 amps , power into a 50 ohm dummy load was 4.5 watts
Transmit high power: 7.6 amps, power into a 50 ohm dummy load was about 40
watts

Power source was a 12.6 volt deep cycle lead acid battery.
All dial lights etc were as supplied with the radio.

I also used a fast acting circuit breaker between the battery and the rig.
Ten-tec said this was important!!

Don Hall KQ6KV