[TenTec] ARRL Reviews

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Sep 8 09:13:46 PDT 2011

I think George nailed it.
He has just about everything on that list and says he can't tell a
difference between them.

So I guess if any of us has anything near the top of the list, we can all be
happy!
I'm sure happy with my Eagle.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Rsoifer at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:16 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARRL Reviews

Hi all,

Since we're into subjective impressions, I'll put on my flak jacket and
share mine.

Looking at Rob Sherwood's table, the top six receivers (FT-5000, K3,
Perseus, Flex 5000, Orion I and II) look pretty much indistinguishable.
One
spec is a little better, another a little worse.  Then there is a small
step
down to the next level (Eagle, Flex 3000, etc.)  Those are almost as  good,
and generally less expensive.  They perform about as well as the top  group
in all but the most demanding situations, and represent excellent value  for

money.

Older radios generally rank lower in the table, but as has been said by
others, are just as good as when we bought them.  I have fun with my  KWM-2
as
well as my Orion II.

73 Ray W2RS

lman/listinfo/tentec