[TenTec] What Radio?

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 10 17:41:06 PDT 2011

Serious question --   So... where does it stop ?   If 200 watts makes a
100 watt rig just a bit better, why would a 300 watt amp not make that
200 watt rig just a bit better and find you even more DX ?   And so on
down the slippery slope to megawatts, each little bit digging more DX
out than the previous bit?

How far down the slippery slope do we go before diminishing returns
cancels any marginal value from marginal additional power?    What
circumstances and factors would force a different answer for different
operators?

	(Serious question - not just making an argument. --
	Personally, I find the maximum usable power is about 450-500
	watts... any more and I don't make more contacts that I do
	at that level, but should this not differ depending on antenna
	type and deployment, and other factors such as external
	noise levels, etc.??)

Happy Trails.