[TenTec] Earth those feeders

Jerry Haigwood jerry at w5jh.net
Wed Sep 14 18:34:11 PDT 2011

Stuart,
    This same technique is used in very sandy soils.  I have a good friend
in Florida who lives on a sand hill.  The electrician didn't even try to
drive a ground rod since it would probably disappear on the first good hit
from the sledge hammer.  They just buried a wire down about 18 inches all
around the house and all utilities which require a ground, uses it.  It is
the only way to get a reasonable ground in sandy soil.
Jerry W5JH