[TenTec] Anyone compared a Ten Tec Eagle to the Icom

PTA_ABD wb2abd at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 15 19:24:09 PDT 2011

Never used an Eagle, but heard nice things about. Have used the '7000 ... Mr. Fumblefingers does not like the menu system.  You wind up with a screen you weren't expecting, and out comes the book to refresh your memory about which buttons to push. Slow learner. Memory channel and memory bank knobs are concentric, so when going from the 40m freq to 20m, you wind up on 432 moonbounce: always a treat when mobiling. Eventually you spin the knobs enough to get where you want to be. However, the NR and NB work real good in my mobile enviornment. Maybe I'm just disappointed in my fingers, which really don't work well anymore.

Menus ... for rigs I've used .... K3 and Orion ... I don't need any manual. I'm sure the other T-T rigs are designed in similar fashion. Consider it a big plus when you don't have to decipher heiroglyphics!

Paul WB2ABD