[TenTec] (no subject)

Wes Attaway (N5WA) wesattaway at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 16 08:06:28 PDT 2011

That is exactly right.  Just-In-Time works great as long as all supply lines
function properly.  If there is any hiccup, like an earthquake or widespread
flooding, the system breaks down.  Large companies typically carry larger
inventories of unsold products spread throughout their distribution network
and can often muddle through without very many obvious problems to
customers.  Smaller companies, with smaller inventories of finished products
and often relying on direct sales rather than a big distributor network,
will usually be the first to show the effects of parts supply disruptions.

1138 Waters Edge Circle, Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (Office) - 318-393-3289 (Cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics