[TenTec] orion settings

Mark pa5mw at home.nl
Tue Sep 20 09:36:38 PDT 2011

Hello Paul,

This rig continues to be a great experience, both in performance as wel
as sheer fun!
Owning an ORION since 2004 using at home with a small antenna setup for
Topband, I find myself using the following settings:
There's no magic in these numbers. Your mileage may vary.
But you can screw up the receiver by setting RF gain to100%; please
never ever do that.

First: leave volume fixed between 40-70% and use your RF-Gain ONLY.
Second: never set the RF gain above 90.  Typically <80
Keep the S-meter below S3. Typical S1-2 for band noise is best on 160.

Firmware 1.372

menu settings for AGC:

Slow
Hang=0.73s