[TenTec] Model 963 questions

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 20 14:25:57 PDT 2011

Hmnm..... the plot "sickens...."

1)  Ferrite beads on the DC leads have no effect.

2)   AC Isolalation transformer (even on different AC lines) - no effect.

3)   Turning the mobile rig  (Yaesu FT-2900)  off makes the whole
	mess BUZZZZZ louder, until I jiggle its DC power cable.

NOTE - there is an MFJ-1112 DC power strip (uses binding posts) between
the power supply and the FT-200, scanner, TT-RX320D.    I wonder if that
is part of the problem . . .  Hhmmmmm....

Driving me batty, as I have not had ANY noise in the shack since Bob
K4TAX suggested snugging up all my connectors nice and tight.

Happy Trails.