[TenTec] Model 963 questions

PTA_ABD wb2abd at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 21 14:53:31 PDT 2011

One of the first things I noticed when I purchased my brand-spankin' new 0rion-2  and 963 was "floaters"on 160M. Not having these with other radios, it was narrowed to the 963. Tried a friends' ... same thing. Tried another that T-T sent along ... same thing.  Ferrites on DC line ... same thing.  Astron RS-35 .... gone.  963 packed   back in the box. Granted, they were pretty weak, but so was the DX I was trying to work. Being brand new, I wasn't going to be doing any kind of redesign/rebuild. I stay away from switchers, period.

Paul WB2ABD