[TenTec] Does TenTec Monitor This List?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Sep 26 07:10:53 PDT 2011

Occasionally even Jack Burchfield (the CEO/President) has written to the
list, but more often to the Eagle list.
Stan sometimes reads the list.  Maybe always.
I dunno who else does.

I don't think it is in the best interest of any company to recommend to
their customers that they should drop in a 3rd party board - at least not
officially.  That would imply that they will support it too.

The fact that some of the components are no longer available is a fact of
life.
Other vendors face the same problem.
The Corsair was from the 1980s.
Some of the JA vendors can't even supply spare parts for radios they were
building in the 90s and right up into the mid-2000s (well I mean up until
about 2005, not 2050 - hi).

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Jerry Haigwood
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 4:00 PM
To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'
Subject: [TenTec] Does TenTec Monitor This List?

Hello All,

     I have a question that some of you may be able to answer.  Does TenTec
monitor this list?  I sometimes see a post by John Henry so I think he may
monitor the list but does anyone else at TenTec look at the list?  How about
the TenTec service department?  I ask this question because I wonder if they
are interested in things such as the Corsair II Display Logic Board?  Since
they can't get the programmed U10 chips for the original board to repair the
Corsair Ii, do they refer people to this list?  Are they interested in our
opinions about old or current equipment?  Curious minds want to know!

Jerry W5JH