[TenTec] new RX366 sub receiver

Fabrizio iz2kxc iz2kxc at tiscali.it
Tue Sep 27 15:29:48 PDT 2011

"  Current plan is, the new RX366 will be available as:

1 - You purchase a kit, install yourself. Fairly simple. Remove
top/bottom, remove tmps to current A6 sub receiver, remove screws,
screw down RX366 system board, install "eagle" parts (simple),
reinstall tmps. program in version 3 firmware, do master reset, answer
Yes to "RX366 Installed" prompt. Cost = tbd. Definitely will not come
anywhere near the cost of an Orion III. Not going to be expensive at
all. JMHO.
2 - You send it in to TenTec to do. Cost = cost of new sub receiver +
x hours labor.
3 - You purchase a new Orion II with it installed instead of existing
A6 sub receiver. Haven't worked this one out exactly yet.

Now, to get to testing it again so that we can ship it....
Take care,
John Henry "

73
Fabrizio