[TenTec] Using an Argosy in the field

John jh.graves at verizon.net
Tue Apr 3 15:03:27 PDT 2012

John,

My current plan is to build a vertical that can collapse into short
sections.  It is a design by Phil Salas - AD5X and uses a 10 ft
telescoping whip at the top and covers 60-10 meters, without a tuner.  I
have had good luck with verticals and even though this is a 1/4,  with
some radials I think I will be in good shape  I placed the address of
the article  at the bottom of this note if you are curious.

Also planned is the acquisition of a light sealed battery probably about
7 ah.  The Argosy can run from 5-50 watts so it gives me some play
room.  And hopefully my choice of battery size will not be too limiting.

John / WA1JG

http://www.ad5x.com/images/Articles/VerticalRevH.pdf