[TenTec] 566 v3.028

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Apr 4 23:21:59 PDT 2012

I guess I side with JB on this one.   I have solved so many problems
with noise on the input (be it a guitar amp, a ham radio, a tape
recorder, or even connecting sound cards between different computers,
etc.) by finding the point where an extra ground to the equipment
chassis of the respective devices kills it.  Of course you don't always
want to solve the problem  (e.g., an electric guitar may not sound quite
the same afterwards, and maybe you will accept a certain amount of
buzzing to keep your signature the sound...)  but often a spare wire to
ground cures it.

I cannot help but think that is better than trying to choke it all off
with numerous ferrite beads.

Just MY take...