[TenTec] TEN-TEC QRP Rig Sale

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at verizon.net
Thu Apr 12 18:58:43 PDT 2012

Thanks, guys,

I'm leaning toward the 4030. The sale price does look attractive. Since
my youth I've generally avoided 20 meters. 20 m was the province of the
big guns and I got my start in 1967 when I was in high school. Old
habits die hard. We kids all had fairly modest stations, so we mostly
hung out on 15 meters where there were fewer big guns and one could work
DX with a modest station, when the band was open.

Is there much QRP activity on 80 meters? I occasionally listen on 3560
kHz, but I usually don't hear anything.  Maybe the high QRN level limits
QRP operation on 80.

                                                     73,

                                                         Bob WB2VUF