[TenTec] 566 Orion II Firmware Version V3.029---SpectrumDisplay &Tuning...

chacuff chacuff at cableone.net
Tue Apr 24 15:29:53 PDT 2012

It depends on what you are doing with the radio...

Chasing DX at the noise level it's a feature mostly only high end radio's
have.  Many don't work well but those that are implemented properly make a
big difference in being able to copy a signal at the noise floor.

It's a welcome addition...and it's Digital as it is implemented in the DSP.

Of course if you just use the $4000 radio for daily chit chat down on 40
sideband you will never see any value in it...same for the central LCD
display...or TV as someone recently called it...

Fact is you can't appreciate fine tools if you don't know how to build
anything with them...

Cecil
K5DL