[TenTec] Orion566 updating

John Simon jrsimon at ozemail.com.au
Tue Apr 24 22:55:56 PDT 2012

I've been trying to update my OII  from 2.044a to 3.029 using an RS232-USB
cable and the radio can't/won't recognise the computer is connected.  I've
tried two computers,   Win 7 and WIN XP.

Holding User 2 and switching on as per the manual until  "FLASH UPDATE MODE"
is showing, on release of User 2 button the radio then shows  "Press any key
to Exit".
I've tried two different RS232-USB cables with the same result.

I've even tried speaking to it in a foreign language that is full of
four-letter words but still nothing.
Aside from test flying the OII out the window, any suggestions?

John de VK2XGJ
You're all jealous because the voices
only speak to me!