[TenTec] Model 282 filter problem

Phil Chambley, Sr. k4dpk at comcast.net
Sat Dec 8 12:37:41 EST 2012

Often, it isn't the filter at all, but the fit between the filter pins and
the on-board pin receptacles.  Check each corner to see whether the pin
seems loose in the socket.  If so, remove the filter and, flatten the pin
very slightly to obtain a tighter fit.  Be careful and don't overdo it.  If
squeezed too much, the pin won't go down into the socket and will require
filing off excess width.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk