[TenTec] Tech Question

d.e.warnick at comcast.net d.e.warnick at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 16:02:30 EST 2012

Thanks, Lee. This morning I drew the circuit and it all made sense. I just had to see it and have a sanity check. For some reason, when it was not drawn, I had a problem with separate grounds coming from 2 different COM ports. DUH! they're isolated. That's the whole point of the thing

My PTT lead is fed with a foot switch, the opto-isolator for PTT from my COM 7 & the opto-isolator for CW from my COM 6. The split COM ports caused my hangup. N1MM with MMTTY says that both CW & FSK/PTT can be the same serial port as long as it is not the radio control port. Not so on my setup. Took a long time for me to split them apart and everything worked. I'm an old computer and data-comm guy, but this  had me fooled for quite some time.

Now I can put it all together in a black TenTec box

Thanks again

73

Dave

WA3F