[TenTec] Matching Accessories Question

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Dec 25 15:47:03 EST 2012

On 12/25/2012 3:37 AM, Bry Carling wrote:
> Matching Accessories Question

Define "match."  Do you mean functionally matching, color matching,
front panel appearance and shape matching, year of introduction and sale
matching?

Ten Tec gear, in general, is VERY well designed for compatibility with
other well designed gear.  I've VERY happily used Ten Tec Herc II and
Titan 425 amps and Ten Tec 229-series and 238-series tuners with every
piece of gear that I've attempted, including Elecraft K2 and K3, Ten Tec
Omni V, Kenwood TS850, and YaesuFT1000MP.  Likewise, every mic I plugged
into my Omni V worked just fine, including an excellent Shure desk mic
designed for ham radio, a vintage passive D104, and ElectroVoice RE11,
RE16, and RE20. All I had to do to "match" them was find a place on my
operating desk for them, and, for the mics, wire the plugs.

73, Jim K9YC