[TenTec] Omni VI Frequency Adjustment

Rick W ve7tk at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 28 14:16:25 EST 2012

Thanks Markus.

I did this late last night and found C31 was really flaky.  Of course this is the only component on the logic board schematic without a component value.

Anyway, I removed the 20 cent plastic trim cap and replaced it with a 75 cent ceramic trim cap and all is well. (Getting the logic board out is quite a bit of work there are close to a zillion different plugs - hi.) Adjusting the frequency was then fairly easy and the rig is now pretty close to WWV and stable!

Thanks again!

73,
Rick
VE7TK