[TenTec] Fwd: FW: 566 V3.026 Installed

Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] peter at frenning.dk
Thu Feb 2 03:51:31 PST 2012

Looks very good on my 566AT.

Update initially went south (WinXP 32-bit on a VirtualBox running on
Ubuntu 11.10 using Prolific USB->serial adapter, Combo used to work for
updates, but alas not this time!)

Found an old version of XP (Native multiboot) on my laptop, and ran
update here (again using the Prolific adapter) no problems this time,
followed instructions to the letter and everything works fine! Oh, one
thing though: the Prolific adapter installed as COM4 - that didn't work,
had to rename to COM1 - then it worked just fine - riddle me that?

No RX366 here, and no immediate plans to acquire one...

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent            **
** perspiration.                       **
**               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
email: peter(no-spamfiller)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail: