[TenTec] discarded receiver

Speer, Doug Doug.Speer at FairbanksMorse.com
Thu Feb 2 12:11:10 PST 2012

I posted the following message on December 1st and got no response or comments so I figured the thought of re-using the old receiver boards was too far off the wall.

Originally posted 01-December-2011
At the risk of sounding like someone who "doesn't understand what it would take", which by the way I don't:

What I think would really be cool would be for someone to develop a design and kit that could re-use the removed original second receiver boards from the Orion and turn it into a stand alone or PC coupled general coverage receiver.  Being able to put the removed boards to some good use would make the investment in the RX366 feel that much better.

Doug, W9PN

-----Original Message-----
From: PC Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:36 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download

Good idea.

> From: geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
> To: tentec at contesting.com
> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:13:39 +0200
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download
>

> On Feb 2, 2012, at 12:11 AM, John Henry wrote:
>
> > Version 3 of the Orion II 566 is now ready for download.
>

> Is anyone going to sell a box which converts the discarded receiver
> boards into receivers?
>
> Geoff.
> --
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
> My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.