[TenTec] Eagle owner experience

Curt rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Sun Feb 5 11:37:53 PST 2012

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the info, I'll visit there.

I don't expect rigs to "fail" all the time, but sometimes folks have issues
with firmware/software with the software-enabled radios.  So outright
failure isn't what am concerned about,  and if it did "fail" my experiences
with Ten-Tec prove they would repair it.  But seems there has been a lot of
discussion about other Ten-Tec radios with "glitches" etc.  When I read
about "polling frequency" and "handshake errors",  these can be issues the
vendor may not be able to replicate and correct.  I know that folks usually
don't go to trouble to sing praises of a product, mostly what are logged on
lists are the complaints.

I haven't seen much on this list of complaints about the Eagle, maybe those
are logged on the other list you mentioned.  Am hoping that maybe the Eagle
software/firmware is settled debugged code with no issues.

Your last paragraph about seals the deal for me because those three items
are paramount for me.

73, Curt KB5JO