[TenTec] A risky question

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 15 09:27:20 PST 2012

Curt, I'd suggest that you check out the archives of this list, and also
those of the Eagle group on YahooGroups.
There were a number of A/B/C comparisons between the Eagle and K3, as
well as the TS-590S.
As I recall, a lot of it came down to look and feel.

Read and decide for yourself.  Don't be unduly influenced by one
person's opinion.  The features may have been important to him, but may
be less so for you.

I weighed the evidence and went with the Eagle; nothing against the K3.
Another factor in the decision was the upcoming KX3, which has features
approaching those of the K3.  I have a KX3 on order.

Keep in mind also that the good guys at Elecraft have been very generous
in loaning K3s for the various DXpeditions.

73 de Jim - AD6CW