[TenTec] 539 and 418 status

John Henry jhenry at tentec.com
Thu Feb 16 06:59:49 PST 2012

Have had a few requests for status on the 539 and the 418.

Regarding the 539: (the new HF QRP rig)
We have ordered and are building what we think will be representative of
the final production boards for the 539. We may have one more board spin
for one or two boards, but hardware wise I believe we are in pretty good
shape.
Software, we are still in development of the firmware for the rig, but we
are making real good progress.
Timing, not sure yet, but it is in process along with several other new
items.

Regarding the 418: (the new 100w amp)
We have two more tweaks to the firmware to make. The hardware is finished,
and being released to production. We are ordering parts, and plan to be at
least taking orders around mid May, if not shipping by then. We passed the
testing for FCC, and are in the process of getting the paperwork through
FCC. We had a lot of positive input on the 418 at Orlando Hamcation, so we
expect the 418 to be a hit with QRPers that also want to use their QRP rig
to go 100watts occasionally.

Thanks for the interest,
John