[TenTec] OMNI C Mixer or PTO problem

Michael Silevitch msilevitch at coe.neu.edu
Mon Feb 20 05:18:38 PST 2012

I am trying to understand a problem with my newly purchased OMNI C. It was
operating fine according to the person who sold it to me (and I believe
him!). Upon arrival it seems that the PTO has no output or there is a
problem mixing the PTO signal. The reason I say this is because I am
observing displays of 9MHz, 1 MHz or 91MHz depending on the band. There is
no transmitter drive current. According to the manual the display output is
a sign that mixing with the PTO is not occurring. I assume this also
correlates with no transmitter current. I think (hope) the problem is
something simple that was caused by the rough and tumble of shipping. I did
try things like testing the VFO out-in jumper, jiggling cables, leaving the
unit on overnight, etc. I do have the option of shipping the unit back but I
would rather fix it if it is a simple fix.

Another question. Will the Corsair 263 VFO work on the OMNI C?

I would greatly appreciate any advice on this problem.
Regards

         Mike K1PEV