[TenTec] OMNI C Mixer or PTO problem

Curt rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Mon Feb 20 06:09:26 PST 2012

I was foolish enough to buy a "mint" Omni C that the PO claimed was working
FB before sending it to me.  Among other problems, it also displayed the IF
frequency (9 MHz) for several bands.  It's problem was the crystal carrier
had missing crystals, crystals loose in sockets and disconnected grounds.
Check the crystal carrier in the bottom of the rig.

Have never understood why anyone would be a crook for a few hundred dollars,
guess it is a sign of the times we live in.  I finally sold my "mint" Omni C
for parts to an repair expert who restored it to operation after a lot of
work.

GL & 73, Curt KB5JO